The editing room is a free service intended for those library customers with borrowing rights at the Hämeenlinna City Library to work independently on editing projects. Use of the editing room is free of charge; the only fees are for printing.
What you can do
- convert LP records, cassettes and VHS videos into a digital format
- rework and edit pictures, sound and music
- scan and print paper pictures and slides
- burn your work onto CDs and DVDs
Booking the editing room
The editing room can be used any time during library opening hours. The room can be reserved for 1-4 hours at a time. During the first visit, a member of the library staff will show how to use the equipment and software. It is good to reserve 1-2 hours for this purpose.
First-time reservations to use the editing room should be made at the library’s information services, tel. (03) 621 3040. Subsequent reservations can be made online at: http://hameenlinna.ajanvaraus.atp.fi.
Equipment and software
- 2 Internet-workstations (Acer Veriton M670G E7300 VB), with USB-ports
- an LP player (ProJect Debut III Phono USB)
- a casette player (Ion Tape2 PC Audio)
- videocasette recorder (Ion VCR2 PC USB)
- a scanneri, that may also be used to scan slides (CANON CANOSCAN 5600F)
- a colour printer (Xerox Phaser 6280DN)
- 2 microphones (Samson QiU)
- 2 pairs of headphones (Sennheiser HDS-291)
- Adobe Digital School Collection -package: Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0, Adobe Contribute 5.0, Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0, Adobe Soundbooth 2.0
- MS Office 2003, Mozilla. Internet Explorer
- if necessary a digital recorder (ZOOMH2) is also available for use
Equipment outside of the editing room:
- DVD-recorder/VCR-recorder RC388
Starting from 14th of June equipment for digitising VHS videos are available for use in the branch libraries. The schedule for the rotation can be seen on the mainpage of Häme-Wiki (only in Finnish).
Editing room funding
The editing room at the library was realized as part of the Open learning spaces for knowledge and culture project, part of the nationwide Information society facilities and content project financed by the European Social Fund. For further information, contact
Project designer Maija Saraste
Lasten, nuorten ja elämänlaadun palvelujen kehittämisyksikkö (LANUEL)
(Development Unit for Child, Youth and Quality-of-Life Services)
tel. 050 3482 439